July 2022 – Join Us!!
These trips have been carefully planned and thought out. They are not just run-of-the-mill tourist attractions. Habla Language Services Founder, Gina Covello, has used her local contacts met during her Peace Corps Service to plan trips and activities that boost the local economy and support sustainable tourism all while helping you learn Spanish!!
While we are on these trips, away from our homestay – the only meal included is breakfast, unless otherwise noted on the Day-to-Day Itinerary.
Fly into LIR on Friday night (July 22, 2022) and get your free shuttle to the Hilton Garden Inn. We will have a morning orientation over breakfast and then depart at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday for Hermosa Beach, Guanacaste.
- We will drop our things off at the Mangroove Boutique Hotel and then head to Hermosa Beach for a full day of fun in the sun. Here, you can relax in the calm waves, or enjoy the warm sand in the shade of a tree. We plan to to enjoy a fresh seafood lunch at La Casita del Marisco. For those who want to stay at Mangroove, kayaking and bicycles are included. There are also spa treatments available.
- We will leave the beach in time to return to the Mangroove for cocktails, dinner and sunset over the breathtaking Papagayo Bay.
- In the morning, there will be time for breakfast, spa (additional), gym, kayaking or bikes or more beach time. Then we’ll head to Llano de Cortes Waterfall for some bathing there. We’ll pick up Subway on the way to have a picnic lunch at the falls.
- After we dry off, we’ll head up to Tilarán, making a couple stops to capture the sunset! We’ll have a brief orientation to the Spanish Immersion Program and get you settled in with your host families or hotel accommodations – ready to start the #SpanishCostaRica program in the morning!
Rain Forest/Volcano/Cloud Forest
After 4½ days of the Spanish Immersion Program, we have put together a fabulous trip of a lifetime – not to be missed!!
- Friday afternoon after our final project, we will leave Tilarán and head around Arenal Lake to the Rain Forest Suspension Bridges of Místico. Here we will enjoy a 2½ hour guided walk.
- We will check-in to our hotel at Volcano Lodge, Hotel & Thermal Experience. You can chill out at the hot springs or get a spa treatment or both!
- Saturday we will have an early breakfast at the hotel and head to a sloth tour. We will then have lunch in La Fortuna and head to Project Asis. Here we will spend half a day learning and seeing Costa Rican wildlife up close and will even have the chance to FEED THEM! We will then return to Volcano Lodge for more relaxation.
- After breakfast at the hotel, we can choose between a few activities in La Fortuna: Waterfall, Chocolate Tour, Beauty Treatment (activities extra). Then we will head to Monteverde Cloud Forest and have lunch along the way.
- We will check in to the exquisite Belmar and dine at the farm-to-table Celajes Restaurant. Optional Night Hike available.
- Breakfast the next morning is included. For our adventures in the cloud forest, we have the following options:
- Birdwatching, 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Ziplining Canopy Tour 10:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. https://originalcanopy.com/
- Hike at Reserve 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Horseback Riding
- Simply relax at the Belmar with jacuzzi, yoga, spa treatment, or enjoy the trails, garden and farm: Two thirds of the hotel’s beautiful 3.5-hectare (9-acre) property is composed of pristine cloud forest, including a stream, waterfall, and pond. Our forest is home to many endangered species and was included in 2011 in the National Network of Private Preserves. The hotel has a short self-guided trail for guests to explore. Ave Del Sol – Trail Guide. Immersed in the cloud forest but with open views of the Pacific Ocean in the horizon, the Hotel Belmar is located on a truly privileged property. Aside from the private trail in the hotel’s preserve, our property is located in the entrance way of a few other trails. The most notable of these is Cerro Amigos, which is the highest mountain in the entire region. On clear days you can see the Pacific, the Arenal Volcano, and sometimes even glimpses of the Atlantic Ocean.
- After our adventures, we will have lunch in Monteverde, followed by the best ice cream ever at the Monteverde Cheese Factory. Next, we will head to Monteverde Reserve to see the hummingbirds and check out the gift shop.
- We have one more stop before leaving Monteverde. You will have a chance to shop at Rosewood Souvenirs. The owner will take us on a tour of his gardens and show us how he does woodworking.
- We will then head back to the Hilton Garden Inn at LIR for check in and dinner.
- You will be taking a shuttle back to the airport the next morning.
Click here for Day-to-Day Itinerary and Payment Information.