July 2023 – Join Us!!
These trips have been carefully planned and thought out. They are not just run-of-the-mill tourist attractions. Habla Language Services Founder, Gina Covello, has used her local contacts met during her Peace Corps Service to plan trips and activities that boost the local economy and support sustainable tourism all while helping you learn Spanish!!
While we are on these trips, away from our homestay – the only meal included is breakfast, unless otherwise noted on the Day-to-Day Itinerary.
Fly into SJO on Friday night (July 21, 2023) and get your free shuttle to the Hampton by Hilton. We will have a morning orientation over breakfast and then depart at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday for Hermosa Beach, Guanacaste.
- We will drop our things off at our beach hotel and then head to Hermosa Beach for a full day of fun in the sun. Here, you can relax in the calm waves, or enjoy the warm sand in the shade of a tree. We plan to to enjoy a fresh seafood lunch at La Casita del Marisco.
- We can decide whether to have dinner at our hotel or head to the Mangroove for cocktails, dinner and sunset over the breathtaking Papagayo Bay.
- In the morning, there will be time for breakfast, spa (additional), or more beach time. Then we’ll head to Llano de Cortes Waterfall for some bathing there. We’ll pick up Subway on the way to have a picnic lunch at the falls.
- After we dry off, we’ll head up to Tilarán, making a couple stops to capture the sunset! We’ll have a brief orientation to the Spanish Immersion Program and get you settled in with your host families or hotel accommodations – ready to start the #SpanishCostaRica program in the morning!
Rain Forest/Volcano/Cloud Forest
After 4½ days of the Spanish Immersion Program, we have put together a fabulous trip of a lifetime – not to be missed!!
- Friday afternoon after our final project, we will leave Tilarán and head around Arenal Lake to the Rain Forest Suspension Bridges of Místico. Here we will enjoy a 2½ hour guided walk.
- We will check-in to our hot springs hotel. You can chill out at the hot springs or get a spa treatment or both!
- Saturday we will have an early breakfast at the hotel and head to a sloth tour. We will then have lunch in La Fortuna and head to Project Asis. Here we will spend half a day learning and seeing Costa Rican wildlife up close and will even have the chance to prepare their food! We will then return to our hot springs hotel for more relaxation. Optional Night Hike available.
- After breakfast at the hotel, we can choose between a few activities in La Fortuna: Waterfall, Chocolate Tour, Beauty Treatment (activities extra). Then we will head to Monteverde Cloud Forest and have lunch along the way. We’ll continue around the lake and up through Tilarán to Monteverde where we’ll first stop at Rosewood Souvenirs. You will have a chance to souvenir shop and visit the orchid gardens and woodshop.
- We will then head to the exquisite Belmar and dine at the farm-to-table Celajes Restaurant. Following dinner, we check into our hotel. Optional Night Hike available.
- Breakfast the next morning is included. For our adventures in the cloud forest, we have the following options:
- Birdwatching, 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Ziplining Canopy Tour 10:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. https://originalcanopy.com/
- Hike at Reserve 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Horseback Riding
- Simply relax at your hotel and enjoy nearby nature trails.
- After our adventures, we will have lunch in Monteverde, followed by the best ice cream ever at the Monteverde Cheese Factory. Next, we will head to Monteverde Reserve to see the hummingbirds and check out the gift shop.
- We will then head to our hotel in Liberia for check in and dinner.
- You will be taking a shuttle back to the LIR airport the next morning.
Click here for Day-to-Day Itinerary and Payment Information.
2 thoughts on “See Costa Rica”
Michelle L. Goudeaux says:
This must be a wonderful trip. Would you please confirm the travel dates?
I added clarification of dates on the web page. You can also see outline of dates here: https://hablals.com/learn-spanish/spanishimmersion/